Mixing and Re-Mixing with Chris Briscoe

Mixing and Re-Mixing – The Musical Way,
by: Zoe Branigan-Pipe

Just when I thought that I’ve made use of my Digital Tools in the Classroom, Chris Briscoe, Hamilton Local Musician and Digital Mixer shows my class what technology is all about.

He uses our FrontRow Sound Field and mics for amplification. He uses our Smartboards for demonstration and points the Document Camera to his mixing board so we could watch as he effortlessly streams together songs.

WATCH VIDEO OF THE EVENT HERE

Chris started is presentation by asking the students “How” they have heard music. Most said, through CD and Video’s. Holding up a vinal Beatles Album he explained to students why and how technology has changed the way music is produced. Only about 10% of my class had ever held an album.

Throughout his presention, students from other classrooms, one by one slipped into the room to listen and watch as Chris mixed student voices with familiar sounds. Our music teacher, Simon Wheeldon pulled out his saxaphone and as he played, Chris created a soundscape that had the entire class boucing up and down.

After the presentation, Chris sat with my students and talked about music. I heard him saying to one of my students, how lucky he was to have finished school and to have stayed interested and motivated to learn and explore opportunities.

print